Barber Architecture has won more than thirty-five significant design awards and competitions since the founding of the Firm in 1979.
In October of 1997, Michael Barber was granted the highest level of recognition for quality design given by the National Endowment for the Arts - the Presidential Award for Design Excellence - for the Firm's work on the Byron White United States Courthouse. In addition to this honor, some of our other important awards and achievements are listed here.
- IES Illumination Award of Merit - RE/MAX Headquarters
- NAIOP 2008 Development of the Year Award - 1001 17th Street
- Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors Project of the Year - RE/MAX Headquarters
- Solutia DOC Awards 2007 Honorable Mention - RE/MAX Headquarters
- First LEED Certified office building in Colorado - CH2M HILL Building 1
- AIA "Colorado Design Award" - Lakewood Municipal Center
- AIA "Western Mountain Region Design Award" - Driscoll Center, University of Denver
- Architecture and Engineering Magazine "2001 Colorado Architecture Firm of the Year"
- AIA "Colorado Design Award" - 1st National Bank of Grand Junction
- Architecture & Engineering Quarterly "Number One Project Management Firm"
- Presentations Magazine "Best Grand Auditorium" - AT&T Broadband Headquarters
- International Illumination Design Award, "Rocky Mountain Guth Award" - Telluride Conference Center
- Denver Business Journal "Groundbreakers Award" - Aurora Municipal Center
- Colorado Construction "Silver Hard Hat Award" - RE/MAX International
- Marble Institute of America "Award of Merit" - Aurora Municipal Center
- Westword "Best of Denver Best Historic Rehab" - Byron White US Courthouse
- National Endowment for the Arts "Federal Design Achievement Award" - Byron White US Courthouse
- Precast / Prestressed Concrete Institute Journal "Harry H. Edwards Award" - Starz Encore
- City of Westminster "Award for Excellence in Design and Development" - Tri-State Generation and Transmission
- Denver Metro BOMA "Toby Award" - Byron White US Courthouse
- Corporate Meetings and Incentives Magazine "Top Ten Conference Centers Nationwide" - Keystone
- Gold Nugget Awards "National Design Award" - Keystone Conference Center
- American Concrete Institute "Award of Excellence" - Shepard's McGraw Hill
- Charles H. Weitz "Award of Excellence" - Liberty Media Headquarters